A few questions from a soon-to-be AutoCAL owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
2009 Suburban LTZ 1500, 4x4, 6.0 L76, 6 speed, 3.42 gears.

Hello Black Bear/Black Bear users,

In the near future I'm planning to buy an AutoCAL and take advantage of the tune that comes with it. I just wanted to clarify a few things before taking the plunge that I couldn't find on Black Bear's AutoCAL or FAQ pages.

- Somewhere down the line, I may want to swap out my 3.42s for 4.10s. Would this require a retune?

- I read that Black Bear can adjust the speedometer to account for larger tires in person or for PCM swap tunes. However, can this be done by the user with AutoCAL?

- What other functions are available with AutoCAL - for example, can it pull codes or give detailed information on what the engine and transmission are doing?

- Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, my truck has 117k miles. Is this too high to introduce a tune?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to becoming a customer.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Retune would be required, but those are free for the life that you own the vehicle.

AutoCal allows for them to tune just the same as in person, so tires can be accounted for.

AutoCal can read/clear codes, you can also monitor your data.

So long as your vehicle is in good mechanical condition, no worries on higher miles.

Sent from my fone.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I did BB autocal years ago when I got my truck. They made tunes for me for my 22 rims and same tunes for my winter 17 rims. Fast forward years ahead, they made my tune for the supercharger that I bought through them. So yea tunes for life, no matter the mods

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts