A couple of RSE questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jiffy Bumpit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since I bought my Yukon used, there are no headphones for the RSE. I'm reading that the factory units are IR, but that any Bluetooth units will work also. Do you have any recommendations on where to get factory replacements, or some alternative (foldable) headsets? Also, if I buy one Roku stick, can both rear seat passengers watch from one HDMI port connected device? Thank you for your time.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want the factory ones, I find several of the GM online parts stores to have a good price, or hit the Chevy or GMC .com accessories site. Else any good BT headset will work.

OP
OP
J

Jiffy Bumpit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there an online factory parts store the forum recommends? Maybe one that gives a discount?

husker_fan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2023 Yukon was new and came with headsets, but the kids had trouble using them. The on/off/pairing button is one where you have to hold it down to turn it on and off.

I bought some Bluetooth kids ones off Amazon for about 30 bucks each that have a on/off slider switch and are still USB to charge.

They occasionally have difficulty pairing them, but we also have difficulty pairing the GMC ones too, so I blame the vehicle for that issue.

Yes, both screens can watch the same thing, you just have to share to the other screen.

Benjamin1o1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Buy some BT ones that are more comfortable. The factory replacements are too expensive for what you get when there are so many better sounding and more comfortable sets out there.

chris80

Reaction score
Are you able to control the rear screens from the front seat in a 2022 model?

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I bought my Yukon used, there are no headphones for the RSE. I'm reading that the factory units are IR, but that any Bluetooth units will work also. Do you have any recommendations on where to get factory replacements, or some alternative (foldable) headsets? Also, if I buy one Roku stick, can both rear seat passengers watch from one HDMI port connected device? Thank you for your time.
What year is your Yukon?

I have 4 kids.

I have a 2023 and it came with 2 of the Chevy Bluetooth headphones. Love them. They are dual channel, they can control the volume, and are rechargeable.

You can pair them to both monitors and the kids switch back and forth between them. I got 2 more for $100 on eBay and paired all 4 to both screens. Now my kids can jump back and for between both screens. The ONLY exception is that only 2 headphones be paired to a monitor at time.

I connected a Roku like to one of the HDMI ports and the kids can watch any of their apps. So the Roku is running Netflix and the other monitor is running Youtube kids. When they want it watch what the other is watching, the just share screen to the other monitor.

IMG20230305202441.jpg

IMG20230305202433.jpg

usmcfiredog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What apps did your RSE come with? Our new 2023 Denali only came with YouTube and Hulu, but I have seen other Denali's and Denali Ultimate's that came with YouTube, YouTube Kids, and Hulu.

Does anyone know how to add the missing YouTube Kids app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues