A/C stopped blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darryn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Suburban both front and rear air just stopped working. The blower works so I'm assuming a compressor issue. Is there any recalls that anyone is aware of. I'm still within the warranty but I'm wondering if this has been a problem for others....

JUMPNYC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My buddys 2015 Yukon's air stopped working at 55,000 miles. Compressor failure. Sucks he was just out of warranty, cost him 600 to fix.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Suburban both front and rear air just stopped working. The blower works so I'm assuming a compressor issue. Is there any recalls that anyone is aware of. I'm still within the warranty but I'm wondering if this has been a problem for others....

Good Afternoon Darryn,

We apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused you and we would be more than happy to assist. Have you brought this A/C concern to the attention of your dealership? Our team would be willing to forward you to your local GM Certified dealer to get this concern addressed. If this is something that interests you, please provide us with your VIN, full contact information, mileage, and preferred dealership. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!

Philip J.
GM Customer Service

John D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good luck. I just got my Tahoe back after one full month parked at the dealership waiting for the parts to fix the issue. Who needs A/C in July? They replaced the lines from the front compressor to the rear A/C unit. Dealership told me this is a common problem with the 2015 models and they couldn't get the repair kit because of the demand for repairs. Wake up GM and produce more repair kits to fix your issue. Any one else out there that has a 2015 and it hasn't happened yet, hope you are under warranty when it does. It's not a matter of if it is going to happen, it is a matter of when it is going to happen. Most likely the day after your warranty expires. Time for a recall? Oh, by the way, this Question is for GM. Why did you reduce your warranty Back to the 3/36,000? Losing too much with warranty repairs?

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2016 Yukon A/C stopped cooling suddenly yesterday. I thought to myself that this is a bit odd with less than 50K miles so I did a bit of research which included calling GM customer service. Seems that there is an issue with the A/C condensers cracking and leaking down prematurely and will probably be covered under a Factory Extended Warranty program. They gave me a case number and I am headed to my dealer tomorrow.

Stay tuned...

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That has been out for a while and they actually extended the warranty for the AC on 2015-2017. You should have received a letter from GM.

PwrdbyM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
. It's not a matter of if it is going to happen, it is a matter of when it is going to happen.

Time for a recall?

Why did you reduce your warranty Back to the 3/36,000?

Recalls are driven by the NHTSA and are only for safety related items or where injury may occur, non-working A/C doesn't qualify. They've done the equivalent by extending the warranty on the part.

GM has sold 965k full size SUVs since 2015; while the compressor issue seems prevalent it's still a very small percentage of total.

When has the basic warranty not been 3/36,000?

Last edited:

jdeastbay

Reaction score
I just went through the compressor issue a few months ago on a 2016 Denali. Dealer addressed it head on, stated known issue and had extended coverage per GM. Was fixed for free, although I did have to wait ~ a week for the part to arrive.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK...got it repaired at local GM Dealer...no charge...took about 3 hours. FYI...I never got a letter or any info on this...and I am the original owner !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan