a/c o-rings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dougmorgan7435

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does my 2003 GMC Yukon Denali XL have o-rings or metal/blk rubber washers on the A/C hose fittings? I don't trust that it was correct when I started . Just replaced Compressor, Accumulator and Orifice tube. So I opened the system in 6 places ; and after evacuation , it does not hold pressure. Some fittings had round o-rings , some had flat washers but some had both. thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

You can use a kit like this: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9160640&cc=1415573&pt=13290&jsn=1650

Whatever was there when you took it apart, should be used for replacement and never reuse a seal. You should have lubed the new replacement seals with a/c oil when installed. Not holding pressure/vacuum means you have a leak and you need to recheck your work. Have you done a/c work before?

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does my 2003 GMC Yukon Denali XL have o-rings or metal/blk rubber washers on the A/C hose fittings? I don't trust that it was correct when I started . Just replaced Compressor, Accumulator and Orifice tube. So I opened the system in 6 places ; and after evacuation , it does not hold pressure. Some fittings had round o-rings , some had flat washers but some had both. thanks
Have rear a/c? Sure your leak isnt back there? Not uncomon for front evaporator to get a leak. Oring kit is cheap. Did you wet orings/washer with lube oil when you installed them or did you install them dry?

OP
OP
D

dougmorgan7435

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have rear a/c? Sure your leak isnt back there? Not uncomon for front evaporator to get a leak. Oring kit is cheap. Did you wet orings/washer with lube oil when you installed them or did you install them dry?
Thanks for the advice, It turns out that with age the factory metal seals w o rings made together will separate appearing as two distinct parts. I went ahead and got the seals at the dealer , mostly to make darn sure I had it right. The Loaner gauges needed a xtra bit of muscle to close completely . Now it recirculates 44 degree air . Thanks all.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, It turns out that with age the factory metal seals w o rings made together will separate appearing as two distinct parts. I went ahead and got the seals at the dealer , mostly to make darn sure I had it right. The Loaner gauges needed a xtra bit of muscle to close completely . Now it recirculates 44 degree air . Thanks all.
When our system was opened up, some of the o-rings and seals/gaskets were replaced by parts from O'Reilly's and they leaked. Like you, we then got GM parts and the system then became perfectly sealed up!

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you run into a metal gasket without orings?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons