A/C Drain line location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AC drain is apparently as designed so that the drainage does evaporate on the exhaust as to not leave puddle on the ground.

The sunroof drains are in the cowl under the windshield wiper cover. If you have the gurgling water noise in the headliner after rain or carwash, those drain lines need to be extended through the side vents in the cowl area. There's a TSB for it.

Zoni

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got my Tahoe back from service thursday after interior warranty work and an oil change. Noticed today after a drive that what looks like my A/C drain dripping down the transmission onto to the exhaust cross pipe, causing a hissing sound from the boiling. Never noticed it before and was curious if the tech moved it somehow.

Does anyone else have the same thing happen?
I have same issue after dealer “fixed” noise from sunroof drains. Incidentally I know also have a rattle behind my display. Do you know if they had to remove dash and side A piller covers to access drain hoses?

JohnnyRo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP what's the solution? I have a 22 escalade and you could hear the hissing sound recently after shutting the car off. It's clear that water is hitting the catalytic converter heat shield. My question is after 22k miles why am I just now hearing this noise? Cadillac dealer has had vehicle and they're saying it's ac evaporator drain that is designed to route water onto exhaust to burn off and not puddle the ground. My concern is noone I know that has a 6.2 Yukon or escalade has this issue or heard the noise.

Koepp2637

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just started to notice this noise also on my 21 AT4. I don't ever recall hearing this noise before a few months ago.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Makes sense that would burn off the water. People freak when they see puddles under the vehicle. This avoids that. If you know what it is, why worry about it?

Tyrell

Reaction score
OP what's the solution? I have a 22 escalade and you could hear the hissing sound recently after shutting the car off. It's clear that water is hitting the catalytic converter heat shield. My question is after 22k miles why am I just now hearing this noise? Cadillac dealer has had vehicle and they're saying it's ac evaporator drain that is designed to route water onto exhaust to burn off and not puddle the ground. My concern is noone I know that has a 6.2 Yukon or escalade has this issue or heard the noise.
FWIW, my 22 Denali also hisses like crazy after I stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9