A/C Drain line location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
Got my Tahoe back from service thursday after interior warranty work and an oil change. Noticed today after a drive that what looks like my A/C drain dripping down the transmission onto to the exhaust cross pipe, causing a hissing sound from the boiling. Never noticed it before and was curious if the tech moved it somehow.

Does anyone else have the same thing happen?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Look at where it pokes thru and judge for yourself. The hole at the firewall is there for that hose. There really is no other location for that hose to poke thru at but it could be a damaged hose and needs to be inspected.

OP
OP
D

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
This dripping is well aft of the firewall and i don't think it's the sunroof drain as it hasn't rained in several days.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
How far aft are we talking about and if the hose is spilling the water out differently because of a kink or bend to it, it could drop on to something and trail back before it falls to the exhaust. Not saying that is it but the inspection needs done, pics too please, to rule it out. Or we can guess till we are blue in the face. Also, are you sure it is water?

OP
OP
D

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
How far aft are we talking about and if the hose is spilling the water out differently because of a kink or bend to it, it could drop on to something and trail back before it falls to the exhaust. Not saying that is it but the inspection needs done, pics too please, to rule it out. Or we can guess till we are blue in the face. Also, are you sure it is water?

Wont be home for a few days but when i looked under it the drip is coming off the aft part of the transmission directly onto the exhaust. I'm pretty sure it's not suppose to drip there and down the trans if it is indeed the ac drain line.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wont be home for a few days but when i looked under it the drip is coming off the aft part of the transmission directly onto the exhaust. I'm pretty sure it's not suppose to drip there and down the trans if it is indeed the ac drain line.

Typically they drip outside the frame rail. That certainly is not the correct pathway.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's why I am saying you need to find the source of where it starts and then likely is trailing back for who know how far before it gets to the exhaust.

Hotwifes21Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes the drain for the AC is in a horrible spot. Tucked up beside the transmission. Our dealer could not even see ours. We had an issue where the evaporator drain was plugged. The foam gasket had rolled on install and plugged the outlet to the drain line. Mid winter we could not get the windows to defog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts