A/C Doesn't blow cold anymore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
latvius

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it was working fine, but I went on vacation for 10 days and on the drive home the A/C temp kept fluctuating like it was trying to calibrate. Maybe it was I'm splitting daily drivers with a Mustang I bought so I have not driven it since the ride home.

tahoeroy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_0235.jpg IMG_0228.jpg IMG_0233.jpg IMG_0229.jpg
You may need to replace the 2 climate sensors in the front. Especially the one on the passenger side under the turn signal. I replaced both and my air is ice cold again.........

OP
OP
latvius

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI those two sensors are different, ask me how I know :confused:. I reordered the one by the blinker. While waiting for the new alternator I worked on detailing the engine after watching ChrisFix videos on youtube.

OP
OP
latvius

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alternator came in from DCpower and the wire post looked a little off. Looks like Fedex guy dropped it pretty good. Had to ship it back to Cali from Florida...

IMAG1540.jpg IMAG1541.jpg IMAG1542.jpg IMAG1543.jpg

OP
OP
latvius

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alternator installed, and both front sensors replaced. Still not right.

I pulled the blend door stepper motor and manually mode sure the blend door was in the correct position, still luke warm air.

I put the gauges back on an 52psi on the low side and 225 on the high side.

I pulled the blend door motor off an manually moved the door so I know it is in the correct position.

I found this image on another site and my dryer is not cold anywhere. According to the pic it should be...

The rear air is about 10 degrees cooler than the front.

Tahoe%20AC2.jpg

Last edited:

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they say 'dryer' but it's true name is an accumulator.

I have a question first before I get into other specifics (I'm assuming your refrigerant levels are correct and the proper amount of oil is in the system) has any work beek done on this ac system, specifically, the replacement of the orfice tube?

You say it's +\- 10 degrees cooler in the rear... what temp would you say that is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844