A/C Belt 10 Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

manderson7015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you ever thought about using a pair of scissors to remove it..

might as well cut it off if your replacing it

of course you don't want to do this on the Stephenie belt as the tensioner might get damaged from snapping back fast..
Removing is not the issue. Its installing.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year did you use it on? My crankshaft is a double pulley. The tool i bought wouldnt go past timing cover if installed on back side of pulley. Also the a/c pulley is too wide and rounded in front.
I had the same problem with the same tool, but found that if I stretched the belt onto the crank pulley just enough to wiggle the tool in on the driver's side of the timing cover, then finish turning the pulley, I could stretch the belt on the rest of the way using the tool.

Last edited:

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 09. I clipped the tool on the backside of the balancer and turned the crank till the belt slid on

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes no tensioner pulley on my '10. The tool doesnt work because 1. cant use on the ac compressor. 2. The tool hits a bolt at top of the crank pulley. I believe timing chain cover?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I just did mine and found that I had to put the tool on the underside of the crank pulley to get it started. Then it had plenty of room to crank around and up over the top.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm liking the idea of installing a tensioner bracket from a pre-'10 model. Is it as easy as buying a pre-2010 tensioner bracket and associated belt?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm liking the idea of installing a tensioner bracket from a pre-'10 model. Is it as easy as buying a pre-2010 tensioner bracket and associated belt?

I was wondering the same thing. It looks like the bracket has the hole for where the tensioner used to go.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. It looks like the bracket has the hole for where the tensioner used to go.

Interesting. I never bothered to look when I swapped mine. I was already at the salvage yard pulling other parts when I came across a truck with the whole front clip and A/C compressor removed so I nabbed the bracket in mere seconds. Swapping the bracket isn't such a big deal, but just bolting on a tensioner and appropriate belt would be super easy.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changing the stretch belt really isn’t hard once you do it the first time to get the hang of it. I’ve had enough trouble with tensioners and pulley bearings over the years that I prefer the simplicity of the newer system. And, I doubt the belt will ever need changing again as long as I own this truck, even if that’s 10 more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2