99 Yukon Radiator Replacement - Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDermut

Reaction score
So my radiator has reached the point where it needs to be replaced. Age plus having well water run through it at one point (not me) has been causing cooling issues. I'm confident I can replace it myself, the hardest part I expect will be removing and reattaching the oil/trans lines connections. The radiator currently in the truck is a Delphi RA20109 and I'd like to replace it with an OEM one. However, the OEM radiator that I believe originally went in the vehicle was a 52481444, which I don't think will work since in addition to the two hard cooler lines on the passenger side, there are another two on the driver side.

From what I've gathered this particular Delphi radiator is no longer in production, so in replacing it what OEM radiator should I go with? Do y'all have any tips or advice for undergoing this process?

Let me know if any more information or RPO codes are needed!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Go to RA and look at the GM radiators and then verify what RPO codes you have to match up with it. The pic shows a separate trans cooler and the a/c condenser. There is a lot of RPO codes listed to look at so I will let you do that.

This is the one at RA that matches the GM number you listed: 52481444: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=92569&cc=1355510&jsn=890

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
passenger side lines will be for the trans driver side lines are for engine oil cooler. the trans side will also have an extra loop going to the aux trans cooler. as far as the engine cooler side you can temporarily loop those lines together if you end up with a radiator without provisions for secondary oil cooling. you will want a secondary aux cooler infront of the radiator on the driver side. should be bigger than the trans aux cooler but it doesn't have to be huge.

OP
OP
McDermut

McDermut

Reaction score
Go to RA and look at the GM radiators and then verify what RPO codes you have to match up with it. The pic shows a separate trans cooler and the a/c condenser. There is a lot of RPO codes listed to look at so I will let you do that.

This is the one at RA that matches the GM number you listed: 52481444: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=92569&cc=1355510&jsn=890

RA is what I've been using to try and find the correct radiator, however between the two radiators that have four hard lines instead of two I haven't yet found one with matching RPO codes.

Here's what RA has for OEM:

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 8.53.44 PM.png

And here are my complete RPO codes:

F66FB55C-8EA0-4834-BF4B-EF61611EE928_1_201_a.jpeg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The third line of options for the middle radiator option, #21033, is the correct radiator according to the options, RPO codes, listed. That would be C60 and GT4. If the core size measurements are the same and the line attachments are correct, that is the radiator. It is not ALL RPO codes that have to match but the majority of them in the list of the option descriptions. IMO.

OP
OP
McDermut

McDermut

Reaction score
The third line of options for the middle radiator option, #21033, is the correct radiator according to the options, RPO codes, listed. That would be C60 and GT4. If the core size measurements are the same and the line attachments are correct, that is the radiator. It is not ALL RPO codes that have to match but the majority of them in the list of the option descriptions. IMO.

Thank you very much!

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you don’t have an oil cooler on the driver side, right? This one looks to just have the transmission lines as it has the exception noted that it is not applicable for the oil cooler.

b9451095941ef5e83c3350739f660eb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
McDermut

McDermut

Reaction score
Just to clarify, you don’t have an oil cooler on the driver side, right? This one looks to just have the transmission lines as it has the exception noted that it is not applicable for the oil cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, no external cooler on the driver's side, only the cooler previously pictured on the passenger side. When I removed the hard lines of the radiator the passenger side was transmission and driver's side was oil, with each having about a cup or so of fluid coming from the lower connections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne