99 Yukon AC Blower & HVAC Panel Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
McDermut

McDermut

Reaction score
did that fix your issue cause im having some of the same problems . i know my blower motor is shot cause its making a noise but when i put my ac control on max and have both button pushed in it only on the floor then if i just have the ac button pushed it and it off max it blows threw the vents

It did. I replaced the blower motor and blower motor resistor which has solved my HVAC problems. For my truck when you have the blower on max with both the AC and cabin circulation buttons pushed the flap behind the blower motor opens which makes the motor more audible. When you switch the blower dial down or push off the cabin circulation button the flap closes some or completely and the sound goes down some. The flap is used in cabin air circulation and for my year and make has no cabin filter, others may be different.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice!

I'm still trying to figure out how water got that far in the first place.
Remove the blower and use a mirror to look up through the air intake. There’s a screw there that can let water leak in and it’s a straight shot to the blower. Have someone run a hose on the lower windshield and see if water comes in there.

Any new blower will eventually seize if the leak isn’t fixed.

Not the best picture, but the screw is here. It threads into the blower intake. Remove it, goober it up with silicone or RTV and reinstall.

1786d5d9e55cc3bfb01636d07b2f7b88.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts