'99 Tahoe 5.7 with Whipple SC Hydroboost Fitment Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wtbtahoe

Reaction score
I have an original Whipple SC setup on my stock 5.7 Vortec motor, and I am considering converting to a hydroboost setup. Does anybody know if the hydroboost pump setup will clear the SC head unit? It looks rreal close, and i know that you can clock the pump, but I dont want to tear it apart and find out it doesn't fit. Anybody have experience with this?
IMG_3608.JPG

OP
OP
wtbtahoe

wtbtahoe

Reaction score
Nobody? I've got a line on a complete Hydroboost setup but the guy won't wait forever, and I don 't want to buy it and find out it's a no go. Any help is appreciated.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the guy selling the Hydroboost have any pictures of it installed on his rig? I have seen Hydroboost setups with rigid fluid lines, and some with “Flexible” lines that go to the power steering pump. It doesn’t look like you have much clearance for the lines. You may be able to custom bend the rigid piping to fit. Pictures would help in the decision.

OP
OP
wtbtahoe

wtbtahoe

Reaction score
I also have the option of clocking the HB on it's side and upside down, so there are other options, but that adds to the plumbing solutions, and makes bleeding a little trickier. I was hoping there was somebody out there that had already solved the problem, so I didn't have to go through the R&D process. The photo shows where the interference is; the MC stud is too close to the intake elbow, and the HB unit sticks out another 1" or so.

Attachments

• IMG_5527.jpg
    IMG_5527.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish