99 2 door lift chrome etc. Burr's Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnwayneburrr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the site wanted to give a run down of what all I've done to my truck and to consolidate it in one place here. Little background, I've always loved 2 door tahoes. I had a super rare 96 6.5 turbo diesel one prior to this one. That one came from NY and had plenty of cancer to show for it. Eventually, I grew tired of dealin with rust related problems. I basically said whatever I'm gonna scour the southern US and find one thats nice no rust and low miles. I found this one over in Mississippi. Drove 9 hours one way and scoop up this 99 with 83k on the clock clean as a whistle.

I already had a set of clear APC tails, billet bowtie, ebay clear heads, and turn signals. I put them in within a week of owning the truck. Unless somebody specifically wants the few pictures I have prior to this I'll start here.

r1kTvMq.jpg

jiXOOEc.jpg

t6CN2uf.jpg

I had already ordered some rims and a lift prior to buyin the truck if i remember correctly. Wheels are 22x12 fuel forged ff-31. The lift is your run of the mill gmt-400 rcx, but I had the front skid plate and tbar drops chromed.

S8oFQ6O.jpg

ialv4jv.jpg

zNCEXOk.jpg

C0wPlux.jpg

Ll5DZTN.jpg

Wound up going with 33s bc I wasn't sure I'd be able to fit anything larger without scrubbin. In hindsight, It was a good decision.

hB8cK81.jpg

gywZ1Y0.jpg

4bEfTnf.jpg

Alright now lets tear some shit apart.

TF8VO9f.jpg

ahhh gettin close boys. For the record, I wouldn't buy another rcx. It didnt fit worth a damn and took a ton of massaging witha deadblow to fit correctly. A few holes didnt line up and required a drill.

WbpTXz8.jpg
q3oIav2.jpg

On it's on weight again finally.

ptMwuAq.jpg

l05LHiX.jpg

1o3qHEB.jpg

gCSJQvg.jpg

K18oNRp.jpg

This is the only trimmin I had to do. It looks like shit to me when you pull the valence off.

xQk1KuM.jpg

OP
OP
johnwayneburrr

johnwayneburrr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Put in a phantom grille, led heads, and turns. I'm still meh on the phantom tbh. It looks ok, but your light output is probably halved. I just havent gotten around to buying a new grille. My OEM one was cracked in a few places.

1dICZA8.jpg

wabHpAz.jpg

s56kGK4.jpg

I put an exhaust on and bought some of these slick little roof rack delete plates off some guy gmt-400.com.

OkvveDK.jpg

AoVSCSv.jpg

The exhaust was just a magnaflow si/do with a 3x5x18 tip on the end.

cGVMPLo.jpg

oW60gg2.jpg

zojQK6U.jpg

Got the itch for some underglow. My gf bought me some white oracle wheel rings for christmas. I had a shop put them and some white rock lights on. I had them stick some in the front wheel wells because I'm goin to install chrome dual resi shocks up front. I have the hoops just been too lazy to put them on and measure to order shocks lol.

W16Bkmp.jpg

tBjekMQ.jpg

IXkCzUT.jpg

rf3bOyq.jpg

5KkZl9n.jpg

uFoMZFX.jpg

7yNU3pU.jpg

OP
OP
johnwayneburrr

johnwayneburrr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We're up to current now. I'm in the middle of my audio build for this thing. I'm goin with a set of 6.5, 5.25, and some tweeters in my front door with some speaker pods. Metra makes a dash kit to use a double din radio so thats what you see. The subwoofer is an EMF banhammer 15 in a 4 cube box tuned to 32 hz. A sundown 2k at 1 ohm will run the sub. Sundown 4x50 on the mids/highs. Actually most of the equipment was bought from the site vendor @EMF Audio I recommend him tbh. I've dealt with him prior to this, but He's always been good to deal with.

Qpe3LzJ.jpg

OpMBw4K.jpg

s7LNvOi.jpg

KOpkT3W.jpg

LQcmcqE.jpg

GLSTrlf.jpg

pxgSGxv.jpg

Also here's my other truck just for the hell of it. 02 dmax

JoqgnJZ.jpg

EeKSh81.jpg

MciCucM.jpg

OP
OP
johnwayneburrr

johnwayneburrr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AWWW YEAHHHH

Duke brought his badass 2dr over here.

haha hell yea 73impala drug me here. Somebody ninja'd my name before I got here tho so I had to use my social media @ name smh. Youre correct tho the 5.25s are sundowns too. Ive never used sundown coax speakers so I can't comment on them just yet. I havent even gotten started on the install. I'm waitin on my gmt-400 specific big 3 kit bc im lazy and dont wanna cut and measure all the wires fml.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any good ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll buy the sundown 5.25 coax's. Sundown makes really good stuff, as does EMF.
I'm going to do the SA components in the front because I have bose, but if I was doing coaxs I'd do the EMF swags or the SA coaxs.

I think the Swags are waterproof too, my dad wants to do some on his boat.

4myfreedom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll buy the sundown 5.25 coax's. Sundown makes really good stuff, as does EMF.
I'm going to do the SA components in the front because I have bose, but if I was doing coaxs I'd do the EMF swags or the SA coaxs.

I think the Swags are waterproof too, my dad wants to do some on his boat.
Not familiar with the brands I’ve used Mb quart and pioneer all pioneer in my 2 door well Rockford Amps but need a 2 ohm sub for my 12 box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
johnwayneburrr

johnwayneburrr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2 sets of EMF swags in my dmax front doors. Its loud and clear. Id do them again in a heartbeat. I was really impressed with them. The box is tame, but what's inside sure as hell isnt lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts