99 2 door catalytic converters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tell them 65 each cat 70$ is a scam for both oem one are worth a ton of money esp truck ones I sold my last GM bread loaf for 120$ on ebay for one that was for a car one though but truck ones are worth more $$ as they are bigger
this is the correct one for the tahoe 5.7L??

or Sell it on ebay for scrap
you will get 200 to 350$ for both...

should cost 40$ to weld each one in

I Would go with the Walker slightly more money

at 148$ ea

I had good luck with that brand.

This model number is the correct one.
XGMXA05.7185 ALL
Part Manufacturer Walker Manufacturing Company
Part # 81921 L
EV1 LEV
Executive Order pdf_icon.pngD-182-52 MDV2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Catalytic-...362468&hash=item5b41ecb88a:g:b2AAAOSw8H1bnira

Last edited:

C17FXR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed these on my 1999 6 Door 4 X 4 in the parking lot of an Extended Stay America with no ramps. Got lucky Amazon sent me a new one after the set I had installed developed a crack around the pipe just past the forward O2 sensor boss. 15 mm deep well socket for the header nuts, 14 mm for the collector collector bolts, 5/8 line wrench crowsfoot for the O2 sensors. Trust me it is a lot easier to do with the front wheels up on ramps but took me just a few hours. Working great now. Best advise I can offer get some Nickel base high temp antisieze compound, that stuff is good up to 2400 degrees F, you will appreciate it in the future when you have to due in repairs. Almost forgot you'll also need a 13 mm for the O2 sensor connector cover on the left frame. Let us know if Magna-Flow fixed the O2 sensor location on the aft O2 sensor on the left pipe. The last set I installed I had to notch the frame to prevent the sensor from rubbing the frame. Lost a brand new sensor to that booboo.

20191017_173441.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

2drNDN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did not go with magnaflow.. I ended up buying a full bolt in set from flowmaster. looks and sounds great. All the bends were perfect. Did it in my driveway on ramps in a hour and a half. I should of took pictures but.. I found multiple cracks in the stock pipes.. so If your running stock.. Id say go ahead and buy the full bolt up set so you have that piece of mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98