98 yukon, Oil on cylinder #1 Spark plug..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember that you can have good compression and still get an oil fouled plug.
I have a symptom I've never seen before. Very rough idle with some misfires, as soon as you get over 40 MPH all misfires go away...? I swear, this truck throws everything under the sun at me. May be making a call to previous Mechanic.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right below the oil fill tube, buy a matching plug and clean the area good.
Pulled the plug today, that's actually exactly what I did. Had oil on it. Didn't have time for a compression test, but I'm sure there's something along the lines of either a valve or something else. Will see if I can do it in the morning.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have a symptom I've never seen before. Very rough idle with some misfires, as soon as you get over 40 MPH all misfires go away...? I swear, this truck throws everything under the sun at me. May be making a call to previous Mechanic.
Sometimes, when you have misfires that seem to go away at higher rpm's, there is a vacuum leak or a fuel feed problem.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, when you have misfires that seem to go away at higher rpm's, there is a vacuum leak or a fuel feed problem.
Even though the Injectors and DELPHI Pump are brand new, I've always wondered at this point if I should put a FP gauge while driving. It's supposed to be above 55 PSI or close to it, correct?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, but what is the readings at idle and slight throttle, that I assume is where your misfires are happening, correct?

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but what is the readings at idle and slight throttle, that I assume is where your misfires are happening, correct?
Last I checked, FP was 55 at idle, I believe slight throttle was maybe 54/55. I should hook up the gauge again and see what it give's me now.