98 Tahoe won't crank or start after radiator replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CameronNate84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, so hello. I have a 98 Tahoe 4wd that won't crank or start after I replaced the bad radiator with a new one. I disconnected the battery, removed the fan shroud, fan, and radiator. I also replaced the thermostat while I was at it and made sure I reconnected the ground to it properly. After I done all this and reconnected the battery, it wouldn't crank or start. Now mind you, it started up perfectly fine right before I started working on the radiator. I had the starter tested and it was fine. It may be important to note that when I have the battery on the truck and turn the ignition to run, it won't let me pull it out of park. It'll only let me with the system de-energized. I've had someone tell me that it could be the neutral safety switch but I don't know. Any help would be appreciated guys!

NvrMnd85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Id start with going back and checking any connections you may have touched. And the check connections that are close by that say the shroud or radiator may have touched. Chances are you didn't get something fully cliped back together or tightened enough or just simply forgotten. I hate to suggest it but might even pull the radiator back out and start from scratch and look for something that may have come undone and you missed. Possibly it could be a relay or fuse but i can't imagine a radiator replacement causeing it not to even crank. But other than that id say get out a multimeter and start testing stuff. I don't know the gmt400 line well enough to point you in any good starting firectidi other than to go recheck every connector.

Sorry if this is no help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs