98 Tahoe Makeover with pinched roof????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericnys

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_1063.jpg IMG_1032.jpg IMG_1059.jpg IMG_1012.jpg

Hey there - I got a 98 Tahoe that has always been mine since new. It has a lot of highway miles 150000 best guess and has sat quite a while without driving . I decided to make this an overland beach vehicle and started doing brakes muffler stuff and my buddy even painted it . Over the winter in Boston I had it parked next to a tree - The tree fell and the old girl held it up and kept it from going thru my girls bedroom. Bad news is it pinched the passenger side roof and door . I'm curious if she's met her death and its just not worth trying to save . Any advice I will try to load pics. This truck needs new springs suspension system - Engine seems good - it still starts - had new brake lines put in - I want to make it a real sweet ride again if possible. Thanks

Last edited:

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Put new door on and cut the roof off and weld a new one on... if u can do it yourself then it’s worth it. If u have to pay someone to do it u mis we’ll go buy a different truck lol

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to see if your homeowners insurance will pay for that repair. Also investigate the requirement for the city to maintain the condition of the trees along the "public thoroughfare" which is a normal requirement in many locations.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to see if your homeowners insurance will pay for that repair. Also investigate the requirement for the city to maintain the condition of the trees along the "public thoroughfare" which is a normal requirement in many locations.

X2 on this, if none of that works and you can fix it yourself you’ll save alotta money if you need to take it to a shop your honestly better off buying a clean truck to mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rodeoclown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting, too bad it didn’t hit farther back. I’m considering a radical Tahoe modification. Got a
99-4dr truck I’m pulling the rear glass and cutting the box off, welding the rear doors shut and patching the door handles. Got a fiberglass tonneau cover to install and have to make a rear window panel... converting the Tahoe into a Trahoe..... truck hybrid...
anybody got input for this project?

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Man, I gotta tell you- every time I see a post of yours, your truck just grabs me. I'm not usually a fan of green anything, but your Yukon is gorgeous.

joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs