'98 Suburban weak crank 7 codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedBeard60

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello this is my first time to the forum. My friend has a '98 GMC 1500 Suburban with a 5.7-liter engine. He was telling me that sometimes when he cranks, it doesn't start until the second crank. I just so happened to have my Bosch OBD1300 scan tool with me so we hooked it up and got the following 7 codes...

P0135 - Oxygen Sensor Heater Bank 1 Sensor 1 -confirmed-
P0161 - Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2 -confirmed-
P1133 - Heated Oxygen Sensor Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1 -confirmed-
P1345 - Crankshaft Position/ Camshaft Position Sensor Correlation -confirmed-
P0135 - Oxygen Sensor Heater Bank 1 Sensor 1 -pending-
P1133 - Heated Oxygen Sensor Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1 -pending-
P1345 - Crankshaft Position / Camshaft Position Sensor Correlation -pending-

So I'm definitely just a shade tree mechanic and an amateur at that. My first guess would be that this is either a fuel pressure issue and that the crankshaft / camshaft sensor just needs to be tested/ cleaned and/or replaced.
If anybody has any suggestions please reply immediately. Thank you.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I believe you are correct about fuel pressure. Try cranking engine over 1/2 turn, key off then start. look up in yukon forum fuel pressure checks. Between your scanner and fuel guage you can test fuel pump injectors individually, and fuel regulator. First change fuel filter tho. Do you have a guage yet to test with? Hope this helps.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re_ P1345 Does your scanner show cam angle Offset? if so run engine above 1000 rpm and read degrees indicated . hold speed steady till it shows up-1/2 minute or so. setting is "0" - +/- 1 degree. 2 degrees sets code. Adiust distributor to "0".