'97 Tahoe - oh god what have I gotten into lol....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Picked up from mechanic today. No other items/issues - so now for first time since it showed up, I was able to start with the basics. For what its worth, I did some auto detailing as a side hobby for a few years - so started with a power wash (no leaks!) then a hand wash. These pics are just after doing clay bar work after hand wash. There's no wax, paint work done. Overall its really promising. Some minor scratches, but no real paint issues. Someone at least kept wax on it regulary as I've been cleaning out all the dried wax from the panel edges, hood area etc.

I did manage a good find off of craiglist - wheels & tires (brand new, right off a new Silverado) - 275/65/18 fits great!

image1.jpeg

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    543.7 KB · Views: 9

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to replace the front bucket seats with capt chair seats - which at that point I don't care about the leather quality because I can find seat cover replacements. Or is there some other source/approach that I've just not stumbled on?
Looks like a good one!

I always thought that bucket and captain chairs were the same…What kind of seats were you looking for? Something aftermarket?

On those factory buckets the cloth is glued to the foam. Removal is probably feasible, but the leather versions used Velcro underneath which makes replacing the covers much easier. You get what you pay for on the leather covers. I’d skip the $100 eBay covers; the factory ones were slightly pleated. I bought some maybe five or ten years ago that were made by Katzkin and they’ve held up well. TheSeatShop.com looks to be selling quality versions.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt