96 Tahoe 2 dr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the weakness?

Is there any effective preeventative precaution?

joe
I don't know really there is just a little water seeping from one of mine. The problem is you have to buy a whole new glass with the rubber to replace it. That's why I figured if I seal it from inside nothing else matters

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for a while that will do the job. it will eventually trap enough dirt and water in there and rust it out.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless your decent with a welder and have time to mess with it. i have seen the windows removed without breaking them. make sure its clean all around there use some new adhesive and you could seal it up. have to do something before it starts eating away at the truck. everything else is in solid shape and even if you just tossed some sealant around it it would take a little while before it started causing a problem. do a sealant patch now and fix it right later.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless your decent with a welder and have time to mess with it. i have seen the windows removed without breaking them. make sure its clean all around there use some new adhesive and you could seal it up. have to do something before it starts eating away at the truck. everything else is in solid shape and even if you just tossed some sealant around it it would take a little while before it started causing a problem. do a sealant patch now and fix it right later.
I bought a tube of flowing silicone that im just going to use all the way around both sides of the seal. of course for the bottom sides of the seals I will have to flip the tahoe upside down so it flows into the seam instead of out of it. haven't worked out that detail yet. You guys think i could ***** it up into my big oak tree?

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way thise rear quater windows arent hard to find at all. Lmc truck sells them, not cheap though. I used my flowing silicone and it sealed it up. Hopefully whatever moisture is behind there doesnt do too much damage because im not going to dig any further into this.
Also good news i didnt have to turn the truck upside down to get the flowing silicon to flow into the bottom of the seams, big relief.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
By the way thise rear quater windows arent hard to find at all. Lmc truck sells them, not cheap though. I used my flowing silicone and it sealed it up. Hopefully whatever moisture is behind there doesnt do too much damage because im not going to dig any further into this.
Also good news i didnt have to turn the truck upside down to get the flowing silicon to flow into the bottom of the seams, big relief.
Did you blow out the water that was in there first?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu