'96 5 lug wheel hub assembly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96AZhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 96 2wd tahoe. Im restoring everything front to back. Im on the front end now. I been searching for 2 weeks and can not find 5 lug front wheel hub assembly's only 6 lug. I do not want to convert to 6 lug. Since the abs sensors are built into the hubs. Just rebuilding the hubs with new bearings is a no go! Anyone know where to get the 5 luggers at.

OP
OP
96AZhoe

96AZhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure. It's 5 lug all the way around. Nothing looks odd or different.

OP
OP
96AZhoe

96AZhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All the hubs I find are for 4wd. I think thats the problem. '96 was a crossover year with them going to the vortec. Im assuming that only the early '96 2wd's were 5 lug. I wonder if a '95 hub would work?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just looked at Rock Auto again. The hub is part of the front rotor and is a 5 lug and the bearings are separate as well. It also shows the ABS sensor bolting to the backing plate. It does not show the ABS sensor built in to the hub because the hub is part of the rotor. A hub with a sensor built in would not turn with the rotor. Your 2wd hub turns with the rotor.

OP
OP
96AZhoe

96AZhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for curing my idiocy. Guess next time I should take it apart first instead of making assumptions. Again thank you sir.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No problem. I have seen sealed hubs with the ABS sensor in them but never on the 2wd and I thought maybe I had missed a year when I ran shops and was not actually wrenching. Should be easy to go now for you. Good luck with the build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts