96 2 Door Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrawk1120

Reaction score
I'll be going under the truck tomorrow, well tonight, to attempt to find an oil leak.

I had the rear main seal replaced about 2 months ago.

Any other common places to check for oil leaks. I've heard oil cooler lines and oil pan gasket.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

itsagaas

Reaction score
I'll be going under the truck tomorrow, well tonight, to attempt to find an oil leak.

I had the rear main seal replaced about 2 months ago.

Any other common places to check for oil leaks. I've heard oil cooler lines and oil pan gasket.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!
JRAWK1120,
How did it go finding the leak? I am on a similar mission looking for a oil leak.
Thanks,

itsagaas

Reaction score
JRAWK1120,
How did it go finding the leak? I am on a similar mission looking for a oil leak.
Thanks,
I put UV dye in my crankcase and ran the engine for 5 minutes then shut it off and got under the truck with a blacklight. No missing the glowing oil coming through the oil pan. This is not a gasket leak. There is actually a pinhole in the oil pan itself. I jave the pan off now. Will also replace the axle seals and pinion shaft seal in the front differential as part of this job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos