95 camshaft selection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lift is OK. The problem you have is it isn't compatible with TBI. There is only 1 aftermarket cam that works. Its been awhile. I'll have to dig for the number.

OP
OP
I

Intenseman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks , exp500, for the reply. I'm very new to cam selection. Can you educate me on what makes this cam incompatible?

Thanks in advance

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I should have elaborated above. Your computer is heavily restricted in its abilities. In order to upgrade the programming, it requires a Flash. Some of the chips even required a piggyback chip to flash. Even then, it is a throttle body motor with worse heads than a 70's emission motor. I recommend Stock cam and drive the hell out of it. You can get decent gas mileage with an easy tune up. Upgrade exhaust for a bit more. (better exhaust manifolds). Junkyard only.
Why I commented on lift- .445-450 is about the max before you have to get very precice in head build. This vintage is coil bind if you go much higher. I laugh at all the LS motor guys with busted valve springs that were never measured. Engine building is science and art. I failed art. So I build em the way called out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14