95-99 GM truck Double Din install (TheDetaillSS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fresh24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered my dash kit from the detail SS and havnt herd from them, how long did it take you to get yours? Never got a shipping confirmation, I have sent emails, and left a voicemail from the number on the Facebook page, going on 2 weeks now. TIA

MYTQUIK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered my dash kit from the detail SS and havnt herd from them, how long did it take you to get yours? Never got a shipping confirmation, I have sent emails, and left a voicemail from the number on the Facebook page, going on 2 weeks now. TIA

Buy the Metra like getonerd said. I sent detailss an email inquiring about his kit and it took over a week to get a reply so that was a red flag. Read his reviews on Facebook, some have waited months and haven't received dash kits.

Fresh24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
He said he plans to ship it out 4/10 so I will let you guys know what happens, really wanted the detailss kit because it looks so good and it comes ready to install

Fresh24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know, I went with the Metra to hold me over on the install while waiting for TheDetailSS to get back to me, Finally he sent me a message he said sorry for the delay he shipped my dash kit out and paid the shipping for the wait. This thing is awesome I highly recommend it. Ill show pics when im done with the install, currently trying to locate the reverse light wire that has power while in reverse for my reverse camera to work like factory and turn on when I shift into Reverse, any info on this for your guys double din install?

Fresh24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A few pics of how the install is going, not too bad. Be careful when your cutting, in the last picture there is a grey piece in the back, behind that is a wire harness. Be very careful cutting that whole piece out, espically the the left side there's a harness that goes down and is very hard to get to.

IMG_1854.JPG

51613900312__2201CABE-E5A1-4D3C-AF77-0D5019A0DA40.JPG

51613899621__0B5EEA01-BF46-47C0-A17E-6B5EEC937D3F.JPG

51613894008__92AB6CEC-0D4B-473B-85D4-B5B37A2CA9CB.JPG

51613610564__C34A1E2C-A739-4C93-9B31-84F95951D392.JPG

Yukon96

Reaction score
You can remove one of the tail lights and look at the wires to the harness. Reverse light wire is light green, I believe. So confirm that. And black, (ground). Splice a wire to each of those, that is long enough to reach the reverse camera wires. Route back through the hole the truck wires are coming out of and down behind the bumper. Secure them with zip ties, or something like that. Follow the camera directions to connect to camera wires. It can be small wire, like speaker wire. That worked for me. hope this helps. Good luck.

Fresh24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can remove one of the tail lights and look at the wires to the harness. Reverse light wire is light green, I believe. So confirm that. And black, (ground). Splice a wire to each of those, that is long enough to reach the reverse camera wires. Route back through the hole the truck wires are coming out of and down behind the bumper. Secure them with zip ties, or something like that. Follow the camera directions to connect to camera wires. It can be small wire, like speaker wire. That worked for me. hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks Yukon96 ran it that way and it works great!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop

Latest posts