9111 miles.. here I sit at dealer 500 miles from home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was going to buy a pickup, I believe it would likely be a Dodge or a Toyota. Too bad and very sad.
Toyota I can understand (maybe I'm biased since I have one), but Dodge? I try to keep up with all makes and models in the car world but maybe I haven't been doing a good enough job lately.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not questioning you. I'm questioning my perception of the brand based on past experience and research when I was shopping a few months ago.

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So repairs were only done for the SD card and they found a transfer case leak so clean and repaired it plus a new front axle. We still get the SD card error every few days, turning left in 4wd is hard and makes noises, check engine light came on a few times. Was waiting on the BBB to send us the form to fill out that is done after inspection and while waiting something went out in the engine. It sounds like lifters and something else, I would say 3 or 4 times worse than the first time the lifters went out. It also threw a handful of error messages including rear axle service discount message.

GM Roadside wanted $400 to tow it, but luckily my wife(bad cop) was the one that called and they towed it to our preferred dealer(70 miles) for free.

Now waiting on a loaner or rental.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So repairs were only done for the SD card and they found a transfer case leak so clean and repaired it plus a new front axle. We still get the SD card error every few days, turning left in 4wd is hard and makes noises, check engine light came on a few times. Was waiting on the BBB to send us the form to fill out that is done after inspection and while waiting something went out in the engine. It sounds like lifters and something else, I would say 3 or 4 times worse than the first time the lifters went out. It also threw a handful of error messages including rear axle service discount message.

GM Roadside wanted $400 to tow it, but luckily my wife(bad cop) was the one that called and they towed it to our preferred dealer(70 miles) for free.

Now waiting on a loaner or rental.
Man- really sorry to hear this saga is still happening! GM Corporate gave me 200k My Rewards points in compensation for my troubles and basically told me to stop bothering them about an extended warranty. At this point I feel we’re without recourse until total failure like in @Gibby13 ’s case. COME ON, GM: stand behind your products!!!

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man- really sorry to hear this saga is still happening! GM Corporate gave me 200k My Rewards points in compensation for my troubles and basically told me to stop bothering them about an extended warranty. At this point I feel we’re without recourse until total failure like in @Gibby13 ’s case. COME ON, GM: stand behind your products!!!
Yep, spoke to BBB twice today, they said right now there were 3 options, keep the vehicle, buy back, replacement. I said replacement with what I configure. Found on if you use the GMFamily configurator you can configure 2022's now, but on gmc.com you can not yet.

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we had a couple more issues crop up, like suspension overload permanent message and center console stopped sliding.

GM denied replacement vehicle on 12/19/21.
BBB called yesterday to confirm we wanted to move ahead with a hearing and we said yes. BBB called today and said GM has authorized a MSRP swap.

Pretty sure going to go with the diesel this time.

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a saga. Glad to hear this may get cleared up soon. You've certainly earned some consideration from GM. I like my Dmax, but if I'd been through what you have? Dunno. Hopefully the next one will give better service.

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a saga. Glad to hear this may get cleared up soon. You've certainly earned some consideration from GM. I like my Dmax, but if I'd been through what you have? Dunno. Hopefully the next one will give better service.
We need the cargo room behind the 3rd row, and GM has the biggest.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we had a couple more issues crop up, like suspension overload permanent message and center console stopped sliding.

GM denied replacement vehicle on 12/19/21.
BBB called yesterday to confirm we wanted to move ahead with a hearing and we said yes. BBB called today and said GM has authorized a MSRP swap.

Pretty sure going to go with the diesel this time.
Hard to argue with that. Good Luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu