9111 miles.. here I sit at dealer 500 miles from home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reunite went great, the had it trailered right to our house. Got a rattle noise now and dealer couldn't reproduce in the few hours they had it. Filed arbitration with the BBB and the next day GMC called and asked what we would like, I said let's working something out. She said how about a new vehicle? Just waiting now to get all the details, have a feeling it is going to be a few months before they get us a new one.

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So while waiting to drop off the vehicle for the final inspection during arbitration, wife called and said vehicle is smoking and check oil light came on. Had checked the oil a day or 2 before when I filled it up, it was full, and it wasn't smoking earlier in the day. It was really late at night so put oil in it(3 qts) and drove it home a couple miles. Next day went to move it over in the driveway and dashboard lit up like a christmas a tree, including getting the suspension stuck in the highest level for 4 low, and in limp home mode. Took a few days to work with GM to try to get inspection moved up but they were not able to, but said to rent what ever we like and they would reimburse us 100%. Got a 2020 Expedition Max, and other than the comfort of the drivers seat, do not like it at all.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So while waiting to drop off the vehicle for the final inspection during arbitration, wife called and said vehicle is smoking and check oil light came on. Had checked the oil a day or 2 before when I filled it up, it was full, and it wasn't smoking earlier in the day. It was really late at night so put oil in it(3 qts) and drove it home a couple miles. Next day went to move it over in the driveway and dashboard lit up like a christmas a tree, including getting the suspension stuck in the highest level for 4 low, and in limp home mode. Took a few days to work with GM to try to get inspection moved up but they were not able to, but said to rent what ever we like and they would reimburse us 100%. Got a 2020 Expedition Max, and other than the comfort of the drivers seat, do not like it at all.
OMG! The hits just keep coming! So sorry to hear of your experiences, @Gibby13 . How many miles are on your rig? How were you communicating with GM Corporate (i.e. by phone, email, etc) and what did you find most-successful in getting resolution with what you wanted?

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG! The hits just keep coming! So sorry to hear of your experiences, @Gibby13 . How many miles are on your rig? How were you communicating with GM Corporate (i.e. by phone, email, etc) and what did you find most-successful in getting resolution with what you wanted?
It was 14k something when they towed it yesterday.

As soon as we had the first issue after the lifters were replaced, I filled for arbitration with the BBB, which at least in my state, has to be done first prior to filing an actual lemon law lawsuit. - https://bbbprograms.org/programs/all-programs/bbb-autoline

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got notified the vehicle is ready for pickup... "it was diagnosed as a bad output bearing located in the front differential. We observed a leak coming from the seal leading to that bearing. We have replaced the bearing and seal. We have also replaced the SD card and the reading slot it goes into. The vehicle has been test driven and has been quality checked. It is ready for pickup at your convenience."

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, do I ever love my 05 Z71 !!!! :chewie:
Same way I feel about my 02 model. You guys know these 21 models have problems but keep on buying them. That's why at the dealership I work at, you have to have bought it there to get warranty work done.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have been a GM man most of my driving life and shop repair life but it seems the almighty dollar has taken over and the quality has gone to sheite. If I was going to buy a pickup, I believe it would likely be a Dodge or a Toyota. Too bad and very sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne