90,000 miles maintenance checklist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 Yukon XL 4x4 SLT

I’m sitting at just over 90,000 miles currently. Planning on doing recommended maintenance in a few weeks. Currently, I’m tire shopping and need to figure out which wheel bearing is groaning at me.

While I have it on a friends’ lift, I was planning on changing out the differentials, transfer case, and transmission fluid and filter. Does anyone have a checklist of the amounts and suggested types of fluids I’ll all be needing? Anything else I need to attend to while I’m at it? Drain and replace brake fluid? I’m a little early for plugs/wires, but should I just make a complete maintenance day and do them early?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you plan on doing all those maintenance items, I'd suggest getting a Haynes or Chilton manual. They will give you all the fluid specs your looking for, along with any other recommended tasks for your mileage. As far as the plugs/wires, I don't think it would hurt to knock them out now.

OP
OP
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you plan on doing all those maintenance items, I'd suggest getting a Haynes or Chilton manual. They will give you all the fluid specs your looking for, along with any other recommended tasks for your mileage. As far as the plugs/wires, I don't think it would hurt to knock them out now.

Haynes Repair Manual 24067 for a 2016 Yukon Cl, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have your factory GM Owners manual it will say recommended items to change, fluids to use, and what capacity is needed.

For my '16 Yukon XL Denali is pages 11-5 & 11-6 plus 11-11 through 11-13. That'd be a good place to start.

Additionally, Amsoil has a very interactive website with just selecting your vehicle model and year they provide the various fluid types and capacities needed.

I'll be doing this as well in the next couple weeks, changing the air filter and cabin filter are on that list as well for 90K. Those 2 items are very simple and there's a few videos on youtube that will show you how to do the cabin filter as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne