$65 Phone Mirroring to Dash and Rear Screens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to get in touch with their tech support via email and the guy has been very responsive. He told me to turn debugging on in Developer options and some other stuff but it's still not working. Here are the steps he told me to follow, along with screen shots. He said he will talk to his engineer and get back with me. He confirmed these were the proper steps.

Any resolution to your issue?

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short answer, no. They are trying to instruct me how to put the dongle in download mode so I can ensure it is updated with the latest firmware, but the instructions don't work.

https://www.iezvu.com/download_tool_wire.php?l=en&u=2

While trying to get it to work I broke the dongle. The guy I'm talking to has been very responsive via email, but pretty sure he's in Hong Kong so I won't hear back from him until tonight. Not sure what's next.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of that messing around with EZCast/EZWire. I finally got the wireless version (EZCast) connected and mirroring on my TV at home....and I discovered lo and behold, it's not a true mirror. There are "apps" on the EZCast interface you can use to mirror - camera, gallery, videos (on your phone), their own browser, etc. But you are not truly mirroring because you have to stay in their app. I can't exit out of their app and mirror the netflix app or the slingplayer app, which are the only things I would ever want to mirror anyway. There is some "EZ Mirror" setting in the app, but the instructions are less than clear and I don't think the S7 mirrors like past android phones. The settings menu is much different.

So I was messing around searching for ways to get the S7 to mirror and I came upon this article. http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/blog/2016/03/how-to-connect-your-galaxy-s7-s7-edge-to-your-tv/

It said you could use the quick connect on your S7 and connect to a roku or a firestick and mirror. We have a few of each so I tried to Roku. Got it working in 5 minutes.

TL;DR, **** EZ Cast, buy a Roku stick. $40 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Roku-3500R-Streaming-Stick/dp/B00INNP5VU

Use the Medialinx or another RCA > HDMI converter. Plug the Roku into the HDMI and the USB from the Roku into one of the vehicle's USB ports. Pull the top menu down on your phone, hit quick connect, tap the roku, tap screen mirror. Done.

FML.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you couldn't get your ezcast to work. It was pretty straight forward on my part and it does mirror your phone. Old post see the pics . I use to use it to play netflix and youtube (not the ezcast apps). This shit does get pretty fustrating!
But at least you got it going with Roku.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you couldn't get your ezcast to work. It was pretty straight forward on my part and it does mirror your phone. Old post see the pics . I use to use it to play netflix and youtube (not the ezcast apps). This shit does get pretty fustrating!
But at least you got it going with Roku.

I did see that. I'm not sure if it's the version of the dongle I have, or the fact that I have the S7 or what. The only way I could get it to work was through the EZ Cast app - I'm assuming you had to use the app too? Did you then use "EZ Mirror"? Once I launched the app on my phone I had to press the magnifying glass, and then once it would connect it would take me to this screen on the app, and this is what I was limited to.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/G...JcwOoShKWX2-Slyp8q0atOkQJUcvB_A1NQVC4FYI=h900

The "apps" are not apps on your phone but EZ Cast apps. The browser is their own browser (and netflix.com, etc won't let you watch on a mobile device, they redirect you to the app).

Anyway, yes, frustrating indeed. Happy with the Roku setup, it's much more straightforward.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on these products or new ones.
I don't care about the front screen.
My son would like to view his phone on the 2 screens in the back.
He has an S5 Galaxy
Thanks

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on these products or new ones.
I don't care about the front screen.
My son would like to view his phone on the 2 screens in the back.
He has an S5 Galaxy
Thanks

I use the isimple medialinx (see my setup on page 8) with my iPhone. It gets used everyday when I pick my girls up after work and whenever they are in the Yukon. You just need the correct adapter to plug in the Android phone.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same HDMI-to-composite switch. Works great with an Apple TV in the car. Once you have the Apple TV connected to your wifi hotspot, you can use the Air Play feature on your iPhone to mirror any video feed to the Apple TV. You can't, however, get full mirroring...just video.
That's not true. Google peer to peer AirPlay. I posted a video of the ATV4 running in my truck with the wifi off.

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got the medialinx connected to the rca's, then I plugged my chromecast in and wirelessly connected it to my tablets hotspot. Everything is working but the picture quality is awful (poor quality and color tone) and the screen is cut on each side about an inch. I also have a MHL adapter and when I use that the picture quality is alot better and screen is cut a little on each side but not as much as it is with chromecast, only problem is its wired.

I prefer to use the chromecast since it's wireless, anyone know why the quality sucks on it and why it's cut on each side?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout