616 miles on the odometer and our new 2021 Tahoe LT won't start!!!! P1029 error code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FINALLY!!!!! Today we got our Tahoe back. new fuel tank, fuel pump and fuel pump control module. GM did not have a fuel pump available by itself so they got a tank and pump off the line at Arlington, TX :) LOL. It runs and drives great. They also performed all the recalls and went over the list of TSBs. I will find out in a few days if GM took my counter offer of doubling the factory bumper to bumper warranty instead of us having GM buy our vehicle back due to the lemon law kicking in. We have until August 12th 2021 to decide if GM has to buy it back from us :)

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comp update---------- Today GM agreed to our counter offer. They are providing our 2021 Tahoe with a GM extended warranty platinum plan with a zero deductible. It is good until November of 2025 or 76000 miles which ever comes first. Considering we were provided a 2021 Tahoe to drive while ours was in the shop for a month this seems like a fair deal for our family. Our Tahoe is running great and we noticed that the precharge of the fuel pump does not happen every movement of the fob or door openings.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comp update---------- Today GM agreed to our counter offer. They are providing our 2021 Tahoe with a GM extended warranty platinum plan with a zero deductible. It is good until November of 2025 or 76000 miles which ever comes first. Considering we were provided a 2021 Tahoe to drive while ours was in the shop for a month this seems like a fair deal for our family. Our Tahoe is running great and we noticed that the precharge of the fuel pump does not happen every movement of the fob or door openings.
That is good news. Now I'm worried about mine, because it always charges the fuel pump when walking up or past vehicle.

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is good news. Now I'm worried about mine, because it always charges the fuel pump when walking up or past vehicle.
Ya mine did that all the time. Now I never hear it until I get ready to fire it up.

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a new P/N or revision on the fuel pump now? Or same pump with new software?
No clue. The dealer could not get just a fuel pump. GM sent them a tank/pump combo from Arlington, TX

Reaction score
Wow - sorry you had to go through all that, but it sounds like things are working well now. Regarding the pre-charge of the fuel pump when near the truck with the fob - is that a normal? Or is it not supposed to pre-charge until you’re in the vehicle?

afishinado

Reaction score
Wow... Some thread..... Just ordered last week (Tahoe Z71)..... 6+ Month delivery, maybe they'll have then right by then. Hope so, I will be on the forum a lot. It was a toss up between Tahoe#4 or a Lincoln Aviator which is 6-8 weeks wait...

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow - sorry you had to go through all that, but it sounds like things are working well now. Regarding the pre-charge of the fuel pump when near the truck with the fob - is that a normal? Or is it not supposed to pre-charge until you’re in the vehicle?
Not sure what is normal since the original module did a precharge with any movement of the fob or the opening of any door. It was loud and long. The new module does not precharge as much and it seems to do it much faster. As of now all is well. :)

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... Some thread..... Just ordered last week (Tahoe Z71)..... 6+ Month delivery, maybe they'll have then right by then. Hope so, I will be on the forum a lot. It was a toss up between Tahoe#4 or a Lincoln Aviator which is 6-8 weeks wait...
Great choice. You will love the Tahoe!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent