60K Mile Service at Paramus Chevrolet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yookon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is what my service manager told me about the Transmission Service.

They don't drop the pan when they do the first (60,000 mile) transmission service. It's only a "TransFlow" flush. They hook up the machine and pump fresh fluid in while the old comes out. The machine is calibrated to detect junk in the fluid. If the flow rate isn't high enough to do a transmission flush the machine automatically shuts off and alerts the technician to drop the pan and inspect. At the following service (120,000 miles or 60,000 miles from first flush) they will drop the pan regardless and replace the filter/screen. Or at least they should. My first transmission service at my GMC dealership was able to pump out and replace 8.8 quarts. Shifts were like butter when I picked it up. I am a fan of the process and trust my service crew. They go above and beyond for me. Master Buick GMC, in Augusta GA.

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the recent transmission shutter issue and asked/complained about the pan not being dropped and changed...the below is a response I got regarding the filter issue:

I am a service consultant at our local Chevy dealership and I will tell you how we handle the tranny flush problem. If you are within your 3 year or 36000 mile warranty or within CPO warranty then you get 1 free tranny flush and NO we do NOT change the filter. It is also done with a tranny machine that changes the fluid out to a new Mobil-1 fluid Chevy has us using. I havent had one yet that is doesnt fix. Also says you might not see results until after driving 200 miles. We have done trucks, tahoes, suburbans, colorados and even 2 camaros. Aftermarket warranty companies will not pay for this like ASC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy