60K Mile Service at Paramus Chevrolet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I was in the NYC area and hitting 60K miles took my Tahoe to Paramus Chevrolet as they have a good reputation plus I used them once before for regular service with no issues. They did recommend a transmission service [which I planning on doing anyway] and a alignment which I knew I needed. They put 0w20 Mobil 1 in it. They did the cabin filter as I forgot to do it before I went on my trip. The original brakes are still good.

They did not try to upsell me all the wallet flushing services like fuel induction service or anything else. All South Florida dealers will do their best to push those wallet flushing services on every single visit.

I am on my way back to Miami right now and have to admit the transmission shifts A LOT better since the fluid change and notice the difference with the alignment.

Paramus Chevrolet will be my go to dealer when I up here in the NYC area. There is also a very good diner just doors away from the dealer on Route 17.

So far I have done absolutely [knock on wood] nothing but plain old regular maintenance on my Tahoe.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I was in the NYC area and hitting 60K miles took my Tahoe to Paramus Chevrolet as they have a good reputation plus I used them once before for regular service with no issues. They did recommend a transmission service [which I planning on doing anyway] and a alignment which I knew I needed. They put 0w20 Mobil 1 in it. They did the cabin filter as I forgot to do it before I went on my trip. The original brakes are still good.

They did not try to upsell me all the wallet flushing services like fuel induction service or anything else. All South Florida dealers will do their best to push those wallet flushing services on every single visit.

I am on my way back to Miami right now and have to admit the transmission shifts A LOT better since the fluid change and notice the difference with the alignment.

Paramus Chevrolet will be my go to dealer when I up here in the NYC area. There is also a very good diner just doors away from the dealer on Route 17.

So far I have done absolutely [knock on wood] nothing but plain old regular maintenance on my Tahoe.
Missed this post, good to know. I know many of the dealerships on that stretch and we used to go to paramus park mall when i was a kid.

OP
OP
Miami-Dade

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missed this post, good to know. I know many of the dealerships on that stretch and we used to go to paramus park mall when i was a kid.

My service advisor was Jim McGarry. He was very good to deal with. The entire staff was a pleasure to deal with. Hopefully the now manager and entire staff will be around for a very long time.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I pay my service advisors and techs in cheese burgers or pizza. People forget they have bills and times they have no lunch $ or they’re on a PB&J budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to hear good news on here and we have good folks out there who can work on our rides.

JOE CORRADO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just Curious. Did they change the Trans filter with the tranny oil change ? Or just the fluid?

Thanks

OP
OP
Miami-Dade

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just Curious. Did they change the Trans filter with the tranny oil change ? Or just the fluid?

Thanks

I will go through my paperwork over the weekend [if not before] and recheck it.

OP
OP
Miami-Dade

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Did not see anything about the filter on the bill so called Paramus Chevrolet and spoke to my service advisor. He said they just clean the screen off.

With that said they changed trans fluid at 60K miles and now at almost 70K miles it still shifts perfectly since the change.

Crossfire

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t they put a new filter in there after taking the pan down??? That’s like changing the oil and reusing the filter.

OP
OP
Miami-Dade

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t they put a new filter in there after taking the pan down??? That’s like changing the oil and reusing the filter.

Next time when I am at the dealer I will ask them why they do not change out the trans filter. I checked the fluid a couple of weeks ago and it still looks perfect.