6 speed shift lever arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone can find a part number for me...I can't find anything on RockAuto or GM parts direct...I think I recall reading once that it is dealer part only?

Anyway, the bushing went on the shift cable and when I went to replace I noticed that the shift lever arm basically has no head left on it anymore, and so the new bushing just slides right off...anyone know the part number for this?

2008 Yukon XL Denali, 6 speed.

Attachments

• 20210615_111943.jpg
    20210615_111943.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 5

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's a creative solution courtesy @Doubeleive :

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone can find a part number for me...I can't find anything on RockAuto or GM parts direct...I think I recall reading once that it is dealer part only?

Anyway, the bushing went on the shift cable and when I went to replace I noticed that the shift lever arm basically has no head left on it anymore, and so the new bushing just slides right off...anyone know the part number for this?

2008 Yukon XL Denali, 6 speed.
Found it! Phew! 15915999

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you find it? Please teach me so that I can not bother you I'm the future lol...and thank you!
Relentless searching and changing terms! After looking in my shop and builders manuals, it wasn't listed in there. So I looked for the cables and still didn't see it until I came across a picture with a part number. Then I plugged that PN# in, which was for 4-speed cars, plugged in yours and mine for the 6-speed and kept changing terms until they started showing up on various websites which I used to confirm that such was right. I was a parts guy, and that's basically how I learned to find things.

I use GMPartsDirect and GMPartsGiant to get the latest part numbers and diagrams.

My #1 resource for parts lookup is https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/catalog/catalog_search.php

Also use the shop manual on AllDataDIY and on PDF and a Mitchell Crash Estimating Guide (which I lost in a move but it's around here somewhere!) for body and interior parts.

OP
OP
Glisella

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Relentless searching and changing terms! After looking in my shop and builders manuals, it wasn't listed in there. So I looked for the cables and still didn't see it until I came across a picture with a part number. Then I plugged that PN# in, which was for 4-speed cars, plugged in yours and mine for the 6-speed and kept changing terms until they started showing up on various websites which I used to confirm that such was right. I was a parts guy, and that's basically how I learned to find things.

I use GMPartsDirect and GMPartsGiant to get the latest part numbers and diagrams.

My #1 resource for parts lookup is https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/catalog/catalog_search.php

Also use the shop manual on AllDataDIY and on PDF and a Mitchell Crash Estimating Guide (which I lost in a move but it's around here somewhere!) for body and interior parts.
Thanks again, very helpful. Ordered part to arrive end of week.

OP
OP
Glisella

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced this morning, left is old and right is new. Perfect fit so thank you @swathdiver Old part doesn't look that worn in pic but the bushing is definitely more snug on new arm than old. Next step will be to get another new bushing, just to ensure all is new as I've now pushed the current one on probably a dozen times blindly just reaching arm under truck and feeling the cable onto the arm. If for nothing else than piece of mind.

Attachments

• 20210703_062719.jpg
    20210703_062719.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01