6/4 rcd lift, need to lift rear more 95 hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4PaPaG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 95 yukon 4x 4 door, i bought it with a RCD 6/4 lift, the rear sags a little to much and i wanted to lift it roughly 1.5 inches to level it out. I read that if the Yukon gets anything more than a 5" in the rear it will need drive shaft work...does anyone have any input on putting a ad a leaf spring 1.5 to 2"..
Thanks

After reading another post, should I go with a total spring replacement for the rear to bring it up to level? (RCD lift I have has blocks)...

Last edited:
OP
OP

4PaPaG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some shots

Attachments

• 100_6440.jpg
    100_6440.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 33
  • MudTruck2.jpg
    MudTruck2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 85

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
the spring will get rid of the axle wrap your getting w/ the blocks, but they will cost you a little more. You can put in an AAL to the spring pack and you will get 1-1.5 inches out of that, the only downside will be that it rides a little stiffer. You shouldnt have to worry about the driveshaft on a 4dr, they are much longer then the 2 door driveshafts which often need to be modified. You will have more then enough length to work with on your stock shaft, and the ujoints wont run into any binding issues.

OP
OP

4PaPaG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the spring will get rid of the axle wrap your getting w/ the blocks, but they will cost you a little more. You can put in an AAL to the spring pack and you will get 1-1.5 inches out of that, the only downside will be that it rides a little stiffer. You shouldnt have to worry about the driveshaft on a 4dr, they are much longer then the 2 door driveshafts which often need to be modified. You will have more then enough length to work with on your stock shaft, and the ujoints wont run into any binding issues.

Thanks for the info, the AAL's I found were ($70 - $90) so I might go that route and if it is to stiff I can get some springs later on down the road..
thanks again,
G

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
yea people complain about them being too stiff, but you didnt buy a Tahoe expecting it to right like a Cadillac so i say go that route for the time being and cost. I ran that set up and had no problems.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Springs nver hurt. I ditched my block days after I put it on for a true 6" spring in the back. I am much happier with it. As Coop mentioned, the drive shaft should be fine. The 2 doors are the problems. I did need to work on mine.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
needs to be longer and depending on how high you go a CV shaft won't hurt to help reduce the angles on the joints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094