6.2ls in an 03 yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hammer502

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am considering putting a 6.2 into my 03 yukon. Any year models that would be easier? I know it will have to be tuned, but will I need a different harness? Any insight would be great before I pick up a long block this week.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am considering putting a 6.2 into my 03 yukon. Any year models that would be easier? I know it will have to be tuned, but will I need a different harness? Any insight would be great before I pick up a long block this week.
You would need to use adapters for the knock sensors and I think the crank sensor. They are different generations with different injectors so either use Gen III stuff or use the right adapters to make it work. Oh, the crankshaft in a Gen IV has a different reluctor wheel that doesn't talk to Gen III computers, Lingenfelter and maybe some others have adapters for that as well.

It might be easier to go the LQ4/LQ9 route instead. Just depends how fast you want to go and your time and budget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie