6.2l DOD Delete parts list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Enoob

Reaction score
Looking for the next steps, so do I go with the oil pump and button up the front, or go with heads first?

OP
OP
E

Enoob

Reaction score
Does someone have the torque sequence and specs for the heads on this 2011 6/2? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1661049458963.gif

Tighten the M11 cylinder head bolts (1-10) a first pass in sequence to 30 Nm (22 lb ft).
Tighten the M11 cylinder head bolts (1-10) a second pass in sequence to 90 degrees using J 45059.
Tighten the M11 cylinder head bolts (1-10) a final pass to 70 degrees using J 45059.
Tighten the M8 cylinder head bolts (11-15) to 30 Nm (22 lb ft). Begin with the center bolt (11) and alternating side-to-side, work outward tightening all of the bolts.

OP
OP
E

Enoob

Reaction score
View attachment 378510

Tighten the M11 cylinder head bolts (1-10) a first pass in sequence to 30 Nm (22 lb ft).
Tighten the M11 cylinder head bolts (1-10) a second pass in sequence to 90 degrees using J 45059.
Tighten the M11 cylinder head bolts (1-10) a final pass to 70 degrees using J 45059.
Tighten the M8 cylinder head bolts (11-15) to 30 Nm (22 lb ft). Begin with the center bolt (11) and alternating side-to-side, work outward tightening all of the bolts.
Thanks Dave. That worked well. What process did you use for the rockers if you can share? Not seeing a good site/video for a novice like me.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. That worked well. What process did you use for the rockers if you can share? Not seeing a good site/video for a novice like me.
@Enoob Get the Chilton it has all of this info in it. For the rockers its was the most complicated torque sequence IMO. I installed my heads, then buttoned up the oil pan, then buttoned up the front, then did the rocker arms and valve covers. Sorry looks like you were asking a while ago about some of that

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getchaself a subscription to alldata.com. It's reasonably priced for DIYers and has everything you need for everything for these trucks - especially troubleshooting guides.

1661174790024.png

OP
OP
E

Enoob

Reaction score
OK - finally got things back together. Ready to power up and am not sure exactly the next step with the tune. I was able to connect the Autocal V3 to the vehicle and obtained the OEM tune, which I'm trying to save to my PC. Since I changed out the cam, I believe I need to also upload a file to the vehicle before I attempt to start (whic I understand is preloaded on my Auvtocal. Those that have done this, is that correct? Not finding exactly how to do that part yet, but still looking for the steps. Any quick guidance?

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK - finally got things back together. Ready to power up and am not sure exactly the next step with the tune. I was able to connect the Autocal V3 to the vehicle and obtained the OEM tune, which I'm trying to save to my PC. Since I changed out the cam, I believe I need to also upload a file to the vehicle before I attempt to start (whic I understand is preloaded on my Auvtocal. Those that have done this, is that correct? Not finding exactly how to do that part yet, but still looking for the steps. Any quick guidance?
Did you send your stock tune files to Blackbear along with the specs for your new cam to get a startup tune file back from them? If not, that’s the next step.

they will then send you a tune that will get you up and running. Then you go through the data logging process to gather the data they need for the final tune.

OP
OP
E

Enoob

Reaction score
ok - Was a little confused as I thought they were sending it with a basic tune, but now I get how it works. I was able to pull the transmission and engine tune off and sent that to them. Not sure their turnaround time, but eager to try and fire this thing up.