6.2 Tahoe For Sale

firemhan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok. Dead serious now. This chip shortage is killing the market and the new Subaru has now turned into a Kia Sorento or Telluride. Betsy the 6.2 (1 of 163 L9H 2wd 2009 Tahoes) is for sale. Funny thing is, I don’t know what to ask! If there’s such a markup for used cars, and it’s so dang rare…what’s fair?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Dead serious now. This chip shortage is killing the market and the new Subaru has now turned into a Kia Sorento or Telluride. Betsy the 6.2 (1 of 163 L9H 2wd 2009 Tahoes) is for sale. Funny thing is, I don’t know what to ask! If there’s such a markup for used cars, and it’s so dang rare…what’s fair?
In some markets those Tellurides are selling for $10K over sticker.

As for the Tahoe, it's rare, but is it in demand to command a premium? I don't think so yet. When we hunt for 6.2 Sierras, they do not command any more money than the 5.3s. Well maintained and optioned will help it sell faster if the price is right to start with. I've seen some vehicles stay for sale over a year because they were not priced right.

If gas prices continue to rise, then people will shy away from perceived gas guzzlers, like in the mid-late 1970s when an SS 396 Chevelle or a Dodge Super Bee could be had for a song.

All of those three are smaller than your Tahoe and nowhere near as powerful. They can't tow anywhere near what yours can either. But they have a lot of cool tech.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdesirae