6.2 swap thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I got a winner on the oil to make my cold starts sound less like my engine is completely broken.

Swapped in Castrol Magnatec synthetic. The marketing hype is basically it will cling to your parts better and give you better cold start protection. I have circulated it through about 150 miles and today it was 15 degrees out, but was the quietest cold start I have had yet. It still sounds noisy, as any engine would, but the terrible lifter clacking wasn't there. I am going to add liqui moly MOS2 additive to it to see if I can get it even quieter.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd update...

About 2000 miles since the swap. No issues to report. No oil consumption, no leaks, no odd noises, decent fuel economy. It just sounds pretty bad in sub 40 degree temps, but whatcha gonna do. The magnetec oil definitely helped here. It used to misfire when it got cold, which it no longer does. I assume from the lifters bleeding down and taking a bit to re-engage with the pushrod properly until oil thinned out.

Sounds insane at WOT. If this snow ever goes away, I will take a video.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Figured I'd update...

About 2000 miles since the swap. No issues to report. No oil consumption, no leaks, no odd noises, decent fuel economy. It just sounds pretty bad in sub 40 degree temps, but whatcha gonna do. The magnetec oil definitely helped here. It used to misfire when it got cold, which it no longer does. I assume from the lifters bleeding down and taking a bit to re-engage with the pushrod properly until oil thinned out.

Sounds insane at WOT. If this snow ever goes away, I will take a video.
Can't wait to see that video.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet it sounds like a BEAST!!

The Touring + Vibrant Resonator with headers is about the best combo possible for a street/family truck. Sounds very quiet 3k and under. Absolutely screams at WOT.

It droned with the 5.3. The 6.2, I guess because the additional torque down low, has no drone.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 50k mile l94 engine harness. Any recommendations on where I should list for sale and how much?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe