6.2 swap thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, my mpg went way up with my new 6.2. Except my tank was on empty showing something like 16 gallons used and requiring 24 gallons to fill...

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hand calc matches dic on mine. Its noticable how much slower the gas gauge is going down too. When I would go downhill before, instant gauge would only read like 35 mpg. Now it reads 50-99. Thats the biggest change. Seems like idle is using less fuel and DFCO is kicking in now.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I need to talk to my tuner. The last time he got to mess with it I had filled with regular to see if he could make it use that. No joy but he left it so I wouldn't blow the bottom end apart with what wsss in there. I expect great improvement but I want a dry day.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Relocated IAT
Clean maf
Tweaked 02s to be less reactive on the fuel trims

Rock solid idle, perfect drivability and now better MPG than the 5.3 by a lot. This is my normal drive to the stores, mix of some 45 mph highway and stop lights. 5.3 normally got 13 mpg.

View attachment 268615

*Adds Mike to "HPT help list"

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many years ago I had a full size Bronco and got hit from behind by a Toyota. No discernible damage to the Toyota but my back bumper was twisted like a Christmas ribbon. Of course the guy's information was all false.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr