6.2 performance airbox? Dealer says no...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went into dealer today to get borla exhaust and airbox priced out. They told me the 6.2 yukon doesn't have an airbox upgrade...?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Perhaps it is a semantics issue, they may only know it as an air intake kit/tube.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are plenty of aftermarket kits, GM probably has not picked one yet to rebrand as "GM Performance Part".

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. Yeah, I wanted one that they at least sell so as not to get into any funky warranty issues down the road.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know GM's take on installing one of these at the dealer? I dont to fuss with it myself and dont want to get the runaround down the road if there is an engine issue...Thanks

bbster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a K & N aftermarket Air intake. Love it!!!!!

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you have a good relationship with the dealer, they usually don't want to install parts they don't sell. The stock air intake tube is pretty easy to replace, if you know which end of a screwdriver does what you can usually do it. You'll be covered under warranty. They have to prove that the item did the damage, they can't just say you have an aftermarket part and deny warranty coverage. A tube connecting their airbox to their throttle body can't possibly damage anything. All the crap hanging off the OEM one is just for NVH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt