6 15’s c-pillar wall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccole

Reaction score
If you look closely you can see the battery peaking between the Crossfire amps

I’m not a numbers guy by any means so I don’t plan on changing anything to gain that 1db. It’s currently probably top 3 loudest c-pillar walls in the country so I’m okay with that. Where I compete and how the truck was intended to play, it’s meant to be played with 3-4 doors open so to chase a number on the meter would be pointless. I do know that it’s loudest outside the vehicle than other cars/trucks I know that are 4-5db louder
Great execution sir. You’re the perfect person to ask about my current project. I’m looking to stiffen up the roof of my 07 Tahoe. What are your thoughts on using 1” X 1/4”X 65” 304 stainless bar on the exterior of the roof on the 4 raised runners. I’ve gone heavy on the deadening and used seam sealer to reinforce factory supports. Ultimately if the roof support wasn’t enough then I was intending to run similar perpendicular on the underside. I hate to pull the headliner again. Currently I’m running a couple FI 15’s on 2K each. Am I wasting my time? I’ve used 1.5” L-bar with panel bond on my quarters with decent success. Any thoughts?
Thanks

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great execution sir. You’re the perfect person to ask about my current project. I’m looking to stiffen up the roof of my 07 Tahoe. What are your thoughts on using 1” X 1/4”X 65” 304 stainless bar on the exterior of the roof on the 4 raised runners. I’ve gone heavy on the deadening and used seam sealer to reinforce factory supports. Ultimately if the roof support wasn’t enough then I was intending to run similar perpendicular on the underside. I hate to pull the headliner again. Currently I’m running a couple FI 15’s on 2K each. Am I wasting my time? I’ve used 1.5” L-bar with panel bond on my quarters with decent success. Any thoughts?
Thanks

The only thing you can really do is to keep adding deadener. I’ve tried it all, from wood to steel, and nothing worked. I ended up changing my whole roof and did 4 layers of 190mil deadener and it still moves quite a bit A8D34EF1-AF76-4855-B3EF-24758B2ACFD1.jpeg

ccole

Reaction score
I was hoping you wouldn’t have said that but I was thinking the same. I’m not sure why so many SPL rigs don’t cut the roof like you did off the jump. I checked out your vids and was thoroughly impressed by the research and design. Quality build all around.
I was part of a 160+ db build on a Cherokee about 20 years ago and we ended up building an external cage around the truck out of mild steel(think roll cage). That level of pressure flex’s sheet metal like it was paper. Unfortunately I ordered the stainless materials a couple weeks ago so I’m pot committed. For how easy it is to install I should get some stiffening and weight to lower the resonant frequency. I’m currently at 150 and don’t plan to go much higher. I’m sticking with dual 15’s in this truck so there’s not a bunch to be gained if/when I double the wattage.
Sorry to high jack your thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345