6.0L Fuel pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new cam position sensor. No effect. I don't get any code from the crank sensor... I'd be pretty sure it would throw a code? Easy enough to see a tooth was missed in the count and throw a code.

The cam sensor I pulled had no visible signs issue, not that it would if it failed. Didn't seem to be interfering with cam or anything like that.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have a good lead on what's happening. I read some of the reviews on the injectors I bought when I built my engine HERE is one. There's several ad postings for Delphi 24lb LS replacement injectors. Most of them say the injectors leak, and I even found one that had same issue as me with hot start.

Anybody know where to find quality, reasonably priced injectors? I prefer OEM, although somebody else says they used Seamans with good luck. Seems RockAuto is around $80 per injector.

Link to my former Injector post where I blew up my 5.3L messing with injectors HERE and why I bought the Delphi ones (I had really thought Delphi was OEM at the time).

I need to pull my spark plugs and see if there's some fouled. Researching HERE

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This post is going all over the place as I troubleshoot things.

One friend said to do a I did a dead hole test by starting up truck (from cold) and spraying water on each exhaust runner (adjacent cylinder head). All cylinders were live, and water steamed off.

Then I took a temperature gun and measured there temps. Cylinders two and three are much higher temps. The other cylinders were close in temperature, around 240F. Two was 360F and three was 300F.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@OR VietVet is what I'm thinking too. I thought of the metal difference, however, it's easily 25% hotter and cylinder 2 had less metal insulation (end of head) and 3 is in middle of head. I think I have two lean cylinders. Not sure what constitutes an issue with temperature variances or how lean would burn out a cylinder or warp a head.

I think I'll do a pressure drop test. Leaving on vacation for a good week, need to scrounge up a fuel pressure test gauge when I get back.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@OR VietVet I'm one step ahead of you. Dumped it in this morning :) Great minds must think alike! Thanks for the tips.

Bit nervous to run it though, not sure what happens if a cylinder runs hot like that, or how hot it needs to be till it causes a problem.

It will sit now for a couple weeks. I pickup my parents and drive them down from the midwest. They stay with me for a few months here in Arizona.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
IMO, if I was trying to "clean up a problem", I would do the Sea Foam or Techron about 3 to 4 times/tanks and then check it again and see if you accomplished anything. If is running lean and hot, over time the piston will suffer, especially when towing. The valve face as well. After my recent tune, I am gonna do a infra red temp check of my manifolds. I have all new coils and injectors and a new throttle body.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, if I was trying to "clean up a problem", I would do the Sea Foam or Techron about 3 to 4 times/tanks and then check it again and see if you accomplished anything. If is running lean and hot, over time the piston will suffer, especially when towing. The valve face as well. After my recent tune, I am gonna do a infra red temp check of my manifolds. I have all new coils and injectors and a new throttle body.

What injectors did you buy? Hopefully not Delphi?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter