6.0 conversion questions & Socal machine shop recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation on the cam. I will check that out. Yeah, 243's with flat tops are definitely out as an option. I was thinking either lq4 bottom end with 243's or lq9 bottom end with 317's so the CR stays reasonable, around 10 -ish.

Since first posting this thread a few months back, I did a little research on GM Parts Direct about the TBSS vs NNBS intake. They are in fact the same part number according to GM Parts Direct.

The Y pipe difference is something that I've noticed when looking under Escalade's or Denali's that are parting out. I may pick up the factory 6.0 SUV Y pipe to swap into the Tahoe as well as the corresponding muffler which is also different. I have yet to look up part #'s for the fuel pump module to see if they are different from 6.0 SUV to 5.3/4.8 SUV.
I’m still running T code injectors and fuel pump on mine and haven’t ran into issues. Actually the T code 5.3 non flex injectors are the same part number as the 6.0 Escalade LQ9 injectors. If you go the bigger cam route, and don’t want to spend a bunch on injectors, look at Z code flex fuel injectors. I think they max out just shy of 40. If your Tahoe is already a Z code you should be good. Good info on the NNBS/TBSS intakes. Thanks. Look for a NNBS 6.2 Denali/Esky muffler. They have a nice rumble to them and stainless if I’m not mistaken.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex fuel injectors for the 8.1 , ACDelco 12613412, are advertised between 42-50 lbs/ hr depending on pressure and are super inexpensive, I see them on EBay for between $60-$120 for 8 although I would question the ones for $60, might be knockoffs. I’m running them on my 6.0 with a blower. Might as well get more than you need if you’re buying bigger injectors, the price is right.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m still running T code injectors and fuel pump on mine and haven’t ran into issues. Actually the T code 5.3 non flex injectors are the same part number as the 6.0 Escalade LQ9 injectors. If you go the bigger cam route, and don’t want to spend a bunch on injectors, look at Z code flex fuel injectors. I think they max out just shy of 40. If your Tahoe is already a Z code you should be good. Good info on the NNBS/TBSS intakes. Thanks. Look for a NNBS 6.2 Denali/Esky muffler. They have a nice rumble to them and stainless if I’m not mistaken.
Flex fuel injectors for the 8.1 , ACDelco 12613412, are advertised between 42-50 lbs/ hr depending on pressure and are super inexpensive, I see them on EBay for between $60-$120 for 8 although I would question the ones for $60, might be knockoffs. I’m running them on my 6.0 with a blower. Might as well get more than you need if you’re buying bigger injectors, the price is right.

I should be good for a little extra with injectors. Tahoe is a Z code L59 engine.