5.3L Whipple Install fuel pump suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Model of truck is 2002 Yukon Denali 6.0 LQ4 with the Whipple 2.3l with cam, roller rockers, ARH longtubes, 2800 rpm FTI triple disc billet converter and Performabuilt level 3 4l60.
That sounds like a fun combo. How do you like that trans with the FTI?
I miss my 2dr, it had a FLT lvl v built trans and billet yank and that made such a difference. Really made it fun to drive.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a fun combo. How do you like that trans with the FTI?
I miss my 2dr, it had a FLT lvl v built trans and billet yank and that made such a difference. Really made it fun to drive.
It’s awesome. I have broken the trans twice by unknowingly plugging the servo passages with RTV when changing the fluid and filter and I used it on the pan gasket which I didn’t know was a critical mistake. I noticed the 1-2 shift was slamming. The first time, it hit so hard at a WOT pull from a stoplight (I’m AWD and it doesn’t spin the tires) that it grenaded the hard parts. Performabuilt rebuilt it under warranty for free but couldn’t explain why it did it. I guess they didn’t see the RTV. Then a year later I once again did the fluid / filter after break in and shortly after it twisted the output shaft in two. I sent it back and this time they saw the passage blocked so the servo wasn’t releasing. They rebuilt it again for free even though it was a year out of warranty. They’re stand-up guys. The thing shifts amazing, hits hard but not too hard now. It used to shake the whole truck lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts