5.3 vortec '07 Yukon turning crank counterclockwise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,
So in doing a tranny swap, I was in the process of bolting up the torque converter. Turned the crank clockwise while hand tightening the bolts. Then, again to torque them down. After fully seating the first one, the torque converter pulled forward against the flex plate I'd say 1/4" or so. This caused the other 2 bolts to protrude. While trying to continue to crank clockwise they got stuck on the flex plate. I had no choice but to then turn the crank counterclockwise about 180 degrees to expose them again. I'm wondering if I've now jumped teeth on the timing by doing that. I did hear a single "click" while doing this. Thank you for any insight.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hi guys,
So in doing a tranny swap, I was in the process of bolting up the torque converter. Turned the crank clockwise while hand tightening the bolts. Then, again to torque them down. After fully seating the first one, the torque converter pulled forward against the flex plate I'd say 1/4" or so. This caused the other 2 bolts to protrude. While trying to continue to crank clockwise they got stuck on the flex plate. I had no choice but to then turn the crank counterclockwise about 180 degrees to expose them again. I'm wondering if I've now jumped teeth on the timing by doing that. I did hear a single "click" while doing this. Thank you for any insight.

Having swapped the oil pump and timing chain/tensioner on mine... I will say I doubt it.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should not be a problem unless you were turning it a rapid pace.

OP
OP
C

C007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies guys. The last thing I want to do after replacing the tranny is pull the timing cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne