5.3 V8 valve spring issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmittyOBX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone out there have an issue with their 5.3 V8 breaking a valve spring? There is a TSB out on it and I have been on many of the other GM forums. It seems like the problem is overwhelmingly with the 6.2 V8 but there are still a handful of 5.3s with broken valve springs. Just wondering how the 5.3s are holding up on the 2021 Tahoes. Here is a link to that TSB info. https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/0...dresses-valve-spring-issues-in-gm-v8-engines/
Yes I have a new 2021 Tahoe, purchased 23 Nov 21, at 446 miles, had a broken valve spring, ad collasped lifter, car shut down while driving and had to get it towed to dealer. They replaced both lifter banks ad valve springs. Have about 500 miles on it now. Pretty disappointing, with this purchase.

maddocmatt

Reaction score
I am going to piggy back on this thread even though it's fairly old. DO NOT THINK MILEAGE MATTERS! My Escalade 2021 with a build date of Feb 2021 went down with the lifter tick at 13100. No CEL codes, no onstar warning, no rough idle. Just the ticking sound and the only reason i know is because I knew it didn't sound right. These platforms are not awesome :(