4x4 transfer case swap 2004 GMC yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah im not doing the swap any time soon but I do plan to find another Yukon with a NP8 in it for the swap and Im trying to figure out what else I would need to pull off any help is greatly appreciated

Well, one of the easier things to check is the wiring and modules from the factory shop/service manual. You can get it off ebay as a download or disc or buy online access at AllDataDIY and some others. I think there is even a free one somewhere.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah im not doing the swap any time soon but I do plan to find another Yukon with a NP8 in it for the swap and Im trying to figure out what else I would need to pull off any help is greatly appreciated

I have read that the Transfer Case Control Module (behind the dash) is programmed to the VIN, at least the OE TCCM. Apparently the Dorman replacement one does not require programming to the VIN, it's PnP. YMMV, so you'll probably want to do some research.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt