4x2 vs 4x4 ride heights and leveling kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any difference between the 2? My Tahoe is a 4x2, but I would like to upsize the tires to a 285 when it's time. I did some comparing on the lot and they all looked the same height to me, but I've been fooled before.

Also, what is the "Best" leveling kit out there? I've seen a few offered...but we all know some are better than others.

TIA

Kerrville15

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they're all the same height. Our is a 2WD and we have a 2.5" front 1.5" rear lift & we have 33" tires on 20x9 wheels with a little trimming. We went with the Suspension Maxx leveling kit & have been happy with it; it's nice that it's made in the USA too. Here's a picture just for reference:

023.jpg

OP
OP
Tylus

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty nice. Appreciate the feedback. Gonna show the wife your pic and see what she thinks.

Catfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the mud but this is the only side view of mine (2WD). I have a 2.5"front 1.5" back leveling kit with 33" Nitto trail grapplers on 18"x9" (0mm BS) with trimming the inside. I haven't put it side by side to a 4wd so idk if there is a big difference in ride height or not. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 33

customlll

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ and want to put in a 2 1/2" front and 1" rear leveling kit. But my dealer will not install it because of the sensors on all 4 corners on the shocks. Also he is worried about the rear air shocks, does anyone make a kit that looks after these issues?

Kerrville15

Reaction score
The Suspension Maxx leveling kit I put on will work with the magnetic ride control and rear air leveling suspension. I have the rear auto leveling & have had zero issues with it.

OP
OP
Tylus

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the mud but this is the only side view of mine (2WD). I have a 2.5"front 1.5" back leveling kit with 33" Nitto trail grapplers on 18"x9" (0mm BS) with trimming the inside. I haven't put it side by side to a 4wd so idk if there is a big difference in ride height or not. Hope this helps!
do the tires rub?

I love the look of that. Not sure how I feel about rubbing though. I have a problem with that on my Excursion. My wife would kill me if her ride rubbed the tires at full lock.

Reaction score
do the tires rub?

I love the look of that. Not sure how I feel about rubbing though. I have a problem with that on my Excursion. My wife would kill me if her ride rubbed the tires at full lock.

My wife would kill me if I put mud tires on her ride, period.

OP
OP
Tylus

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
weird

my wife wants her Tahoe to have mudders like my Excursion does. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Mines a little country :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts