4wd crapped out on me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used to have that problem with my older Hoe, took the switch out re soldered every connection on the switch that was factory soldered and never had that problem again

I did that on mine as well. Same symptoms...pressing the plastic surrounding the switch would make the lights work. Several solder connections were cracked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to resolder the connections in my auto 4wd switch. Light occasionally goes out and pressing on plastic surrounding the switches makes them come back on. Will give it a try this weekend.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turns out its just the connecting for the lights. the buttons function fine. It looks like I almost broke the plastic clip that holds it in last time i was dicking around behind the dash. Or it could be something else like a crack wire that i cant see but either way it's not effecting the 4wd

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used some 2 part epoxy on the clip for the lights to firm up the "snap" when i push the two tabs together and since then the lights have stayed on solid.

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I re-flowed many of the solder points on my 4wd switch last weekend. All the lights seem to be working well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins