4l80e upgrade questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjballar41

Reaction score
ok so not happy with the trans in the tahoe and its having a few small problems so im looking to upgrade. i was talking in another forum about adding more power and they told me i should deff look into a better trans if i was planning on doing this. my first option is the 4l80e i know some modifications need to be done. they had mentioned something about a new pin? can anyone go into further details about that? is there anything else i should look at changing too i know one of the driveshafts have to changed or do both since the 4l80e is longer. my truck has the auto trac and im pretty sure thats why it needs a new pin or whatever. is there anything else i need to look into before deciding to go this route? second route would be the nv4500 i know nothing of this transmission so any input would be grateful. and last option and i really dont want to is another 4l60e and just upgrade what i can to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts