4L60E Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I believe he was refering to Torque Management cutting power between shifts.
My 06 Silverado with a brand new 65e has laggy 1-2 shifts at anything under half throttle. Ive looked at the shift times completion table and out of tow/haul mode it is factory set for .6 seconds under half throttle. So that could be part of his problem. My Tahoe is .49 why it is different i have no answer
Ah, that could definitely be…I was thinking Tom was describing an ECM fault of some sort. Admittedly, im not up on the variations tcm/pcm shift strategy tables applicable to most of these vehicles as I do only bench-carry out builds.

Perhaps a TECH2 scan and reflash or update may help the OP’s 1-2 shift situation or at least rule the TM out…

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, that could definitely be…I was thinking Tom was describing an ECM fault of some sort. Admittedly, im not up on the variations tcm/pcm shift strategy tables applicable to most of these vehicles as I do only bench-carry out builds.

Perhaps a TECH2 scan and reflash or update may help the OP’s 1-2 shift situation or at least rule the TM out…
Yeah, sometimes certain operating systems have different tables. No real rhyme or reason.

hagar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the earlier 4l60e (like 2004 and down) the problem is in the factory tune. Gm sets up the force motor to shift crazy soft for whatever reason via killing the pressure during full throttle shifts. It is very ******* clutch packs and eventually kills the Trans, and also gives you those super slippy lazy shifts. Takes 2 seconds in a tune to fix it.