454 Engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Espkh3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, first post here. Just got done with a 454 swap in my 1998 Yukon, 4X4 4L80. Runs like a banshee, like it has been said before a lot of work (wiring). I have a ton of paperwork if anyone is interested in this endeavor. Also bought a wrecked 1999 Escalade and put the seats, door panels and console in the Yukon. Next up is paint. Hit me up for any info or pics. [email protected]

Espkh3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here are a few more pics. Just recently added HID lights and fog lights. For lights are using factory wiring and dash switch. New wheels, getting ready to add the lift and 33's.

Attachments

• IMG_2954.jpg
    IMG_2954.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2999.jpg
    IMG_2999.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2890.jpg
    IMG_2890.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 38

AsphaltCowboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very late reply to this thread, but better late than never. Instead of just limiting your search for truck 454s, you can also find plenty of boat 454s. Mercruiser is a slightly modified GM truck motor, and there's plenty of old boats with them. Many boat sellers would ditch a motor in order to make a little money out of a boat that's better as a big anchor. The cam in them is different from a street or mud cam. That's because boats run flat out, and don't deal with traffic or lights. They also have to have a marine carb on them to prevent fire and explosions. Street carbs dump small amounts of fuel and that's a bad thing in a fiberglass boat 5 miles from the shore. Of course you'd have to change the plumbing, and also get high flow water pump around, as well as a 5 core rad. The water jackets are bigger in a boat motor, so give it all the cooling you can on terra firma. You can find boat motors with a carb or efi. I just sold my boat because I needed the money, and it killed me to do so. I had a stroked 496 in it, all roller motor, Holley 850 marine carb, plenty of good things done inside the engine, and dynoed at 583 hp. Change it to a street cam and it would easily go over 700 hp. long term plan was to use it in a vehicle and eat the street. One important thing, boat motors are a little taller than street versions. So you'd have to get a raised scoop induction hood. Oh damn, what a shame.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep